Monday 27 July 2009

Working My Way Up

Today I went to the gym again after a week not having been there. Can't really say much about it other than that for some reason my hips were killing me during the first few minutes of cardio (cross trainer). Seems to be fine now. I chatted a bit more with the two girls who work there. They had checked my site after I had given the address last week, but other than informing with me when I'll appear on TV again they seemed intent on keeping their distance. I'm not sure why, but I think I'll just leave matters at this for now. In other news, the woman I would often go to the gym with together hasn't shown a sign of life other than a few updates on her Hyves profile, so I guess we won't be doing joint exercises any time soon. Kind of disappointing, as I quite liked her as a gym partner and as someone to chat with.

After returning home from the gym I first had lunch, followed by a shower. For some reason I began to feel really nauseous and weak during the shower up to the point where I nearly fainted. I did manage to finish the shower and took a nap immediately afterwards. I woke up at around 5.30 PM, shortly before Pieter returned from his work.

When I turned on my PC after the nap I noticed a new email message, which turned out to be from Lydia van der Weide (http://www.lydiavanderweide.nl/), a journalist and sister of the man who did the TV interview two weeks ago. She would like to interview me for an article which will be published in one or more magazines. We discussed a few details today and I'll soon hear more from her.

I find it to be kind of heartening to hear that my story and my struggle to get more attention for intersexuality is receiving the attention I feel it so deserves. At any rate it's a nice thing to tide me over until my appointment at the UMCG next month. It's really tough to live in a continuing state of uncertainty and in the realization that few, if any, people truly care about what happens to me. Let's just say that the selfishness of people isn't just real, it's legendary. It's why it only pays to focus on the <1% who actually do care.


Maya

No comments: