Sunday 13 December 2009

Media Bits And Pieces

Hi people, sorry for not blogging for nearly a month. Life has been very... interesting lately and I haven't exactly been in the mood to blog and such. Suffice it to say that there are some developments taking place even as we speak which should lead to very interesting results.

And then there is my impending visit to the UMCG hospital on the 17th of December. The past few days I have been doing a lot of research, figuring out the medical and scientific details behind everything the UMCG has said and anything relevant to my case. I have even gone so far as to read a study/reference book for MRI and CT students and those in the field. It was an extremely revealing read, and has allowed me to see the same things the radiologist pointed out to me when I was in that German clinic today nearly exactly two years ago.

Should I get angry about having been lied to? Should I even bother with the UMCG and all those other hospitals any more? I got my hormones prescribed thanks to the UMCG, but it seems that this is the only thing I will be getting from them. Assuming the interpretation of myself and two independent clinics is correct, I have a closed-off vagina for which I can probably get surgery. To accomplish this I need access to a hospital or a large clinic. Still not sure how I'm going to pull this off, although I am sure that the UMCG will never admit their mistakes and never help me with my issue one tiny bit again.

In other news, I got an offer from the national TV channel BNN (www.bnn.nl) a while ago to have me feature in one of their shows, 'Je zal het maar hebben', a documentary/talkshow-like show on people who have to live with disabilities and other mental or physical matters. I got told after a month of waiting that I could get in, but only for the 2011 season. The reason? Last season they had a transsexual person in the show and they deem trans- and intersexuality to be 'too similar'. I felt hugely offended by this, of course. I did put down my name for the 2011 season, but I truly doubt I'll ever want to have anything to do with BNN any more. Ignorant people. I wish I wouldn't get so frustrated and angry about it.

Instead of relying on existing, traditional media, I'm planning to begin making movies I'll be putting online on my YouTube channel. At this point I'm still gathering ideas for episodes, but I do have all the necessary equipment, including a video camera (thanks, Pieter ;) ), clip-on mic and such. All I could ask for would be some more advanced studio lighting equipment and someone else to operate the camera, but I guess you can't have everything :)

So, have any ideas on what I could put into these YouTube episodes? Any other thoughts/ideas/feedback? Please let me know in the comments or send me an email via the contact form on the main site. Thanks in advance!


Maya

No comments: