Sunday 24 July 2011

Rainy Days

It's been raining almost non-stop here since yesterday. I could be very cliche and say that it matches my mood. It would also not be an exaggeration. Much like my current mood, rainy days are days where one huddles inside, trying to find a spot outside the rain and waiting for the rain to end. Many things grind to a halt.

I have been working since last Saturday on this Android smartphone application for the client who currently employs me in a freelance fashion. I have previously done some work for them already, a simple PHP script used for monitoring their servers, and I guess they were pretty happy with it. Of course, one of the reasons I got that project in the first place was because a friend of mine, Michael, works there too. IRC in that regard is far more useful to me than networking sites like LinkedIn. To be frank I still haven't figured out how that site is supposed to work in the first place.

Anyway, this Android project isn't something I had expected to be working on. If you had told me I would be working on a Kamasutra-like application for Android a year ago I would have declared you insane. First of all because I hadn't done any Android development work at that time, and secondly because of the many traumas I suffer from related to sexuality thanks to having been able to work off the checklist of sexual abuse items.

To be frank, I don't think I'm fine with this kind of work, I do not enjoy looking at the pictures or videos of the available positions, or read the descriptions, but I think that by doing this kind of work and not having others involved while being in a safe location, out of harm's way, might just take the edge of those traumas. I'll still flip out if I hear, see or read others discuss their sex life, but the mere mentioning of sex might just stop making me feel sick. That'd be progress, I guess.

Anyway, I'm on track to finishing this application on schedule, by Wednesday next week. After that I hope to get more projects from this company. Freelancing Android and other programming work really isn't that bad. It allows for a lot of freedom and you pay far less taxes than when employed. Keeping the revenue flowing is the trick, though. That's why I'm glad that Trevor and I are getting close to releasing TileWars, our first game for Windows.

Trevor has been working on it all this time, dedicating all his time to it. The coming weeks we'll be putting the actual game together, after finishing the splash intro, menu screens and such fluff. It'll be wonderful to finish that project and I hope that lots of people will buy it once it's available on Steam. I hope to update the Nyanko website with screenshots and further details about TileWars soon, so stay tuned.

This coming week I have got nothing, aside from finishing this Android project, working on TileWars and visiting the beauty salon on Friday again. Maybe I'll meet that nice guy who recognized me last Friday again. It would be fun. Albeit I hope to talk one day about more than just my troubles due to being intersexual and being persecuted for it. Waking up each morning is still very difficult. I wish I had someone who took care of me, sheltering and protecting me. Giving me the life I so wish for but which was cruelly taken away from me during my youth, together with my human rights.

And still the rain continues...


Maya

No comments: