Saturday 20 April 2013

Wishing I Could Leave This Prison

Two nights ago I once again dreamed a dream which seems to reoccur regularly for me. In it I am in a bare prison cell; its walls painted white. There's a window to my left. This window I can just open, but I can not crawl through it. People pass by on the outside, who all know me and they ask me things. When the next hearing is and such. I can talk to them, but never ask them to help me escape.

The door of my cell is open, and I know that I have free passage through the entire prison building. Thus I leave my cell and wander through the completely abandoned building. There are always the same white and light-grey hallways and rooms. I never encounter a single soul. As I wander through the building like this it feels peaceful, with its sunlit rooms, but it's also exceedingly lonely. A part of me wants to leave the building; join the people outside, but I know I can't do that. There's no way out of the building.

Actually that's not quite true. There is a way out, and it's via those court cases. Defend my case successfully, gain redemption, be set free. I just have to wait out these endless days until the next hearing, as those people outside my cell's window keep asking me about. I wish I knew.

Thus I wait. In my dream and in reality.


Maya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post made me cry....