Wednesday 1 March 2017

A future in which I do not have to die

Today was a pretty terrible day, with my thoughts dominated by a feeling of certain doom and suicide. In short, a suicidal depression. Occasionally I can see glimpses of a future in which my intersex condition does get resolved and where I manage to find that great house. These glimpses do however not last, because the past decades have proven overwhelmingly to me that no matter what I attempt or dream of, it's all hopeless.

Last week's surgeon appointment proved once again to me that there won't be a resolution to my intersex case. There won't be any answers, surgery or anything else. Just an eternity of uncertainty, pain and worries about complications.

Having to attend another court case for something where I did nothing wrong and expecting that I will get the blame regardless. Realising that an eviction will likely be just what I need to push me into that same state as when I first tried to commit suicide. That feeling of absolute certainty which does not pass, even after a good night's sleep.


I'm terrified.


I do not wish to die.


Yet I do not know what people want from me.


Or what I should do.


Do I have to die?


Please just tell me.


It's okay.


Maya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's ok. You are going to be fine... Me sends you *hugs* =)